Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Brownie Anyone?

Okay, back to my day yesterday. So before heading to the theatre we went to Elephant & Castle for Happy Hour. Their happy hour menu was alright, but could have been better. I wasn't hungry, but looking at the dessert menu my mouth starting watering. All I saw were the words brownie, ice cream, and chocolate sauce. I asked the waiter if the brownie had nuts in it and if it didn't I wanted one. A few minutes later he comes back to the table with this huge plate of dessert goodness. Had I fully read the description of the dessert I might not have ordered it because it was so HUGE.

So first off it was called the Big Ben Brownie. Okay, so you might expect maybe one big brownie, right? Read on further - Thick slices of brownie covered in chocolate and caramel sauce with vanilla ice cream and whip cream. Did you see where it said "thick slices?" The key word being "slices," as in multiple. The size of one brownie was equal to 4 normal sized brownies and there were two of them. Thickly sliced is no joke either; it was more like a brownie cake. Sandwiched between the two brownies was the ice cream, chocolate sauce drizzled on one and caramel sauce drizzled on the other and 4 large patches of whip cream.

Not that this dessert was a bad thing because it was good and yummy. Since it was so extremely large just looking at it made me full. I only had a few bites.

Here is a picture I took inside the dark restaurant from my phone. It's kind of dark, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment